Furnishing a Studio Apartment vs. a Big House
Design Space - 02/08/2021
Having a well-decorated & furnished living space is something that we all desire. It doesn’t really matter whether it’s a small apartment or a big house, the essentials have to be there. But since the area of the space differs, the way you furnish it will too.
A studio apartment is feasible for students and bachelors. A big house is more suitable for a family. In both cases, you have to be smart about the kind of furniture you use. In this article, we will take a look at the ways you can furnish a small apartment as well as a big house.
First, let’s see how you can go about furnishing a studio apartment.
Ways to furnish a studio apartment
It is best to maximize your space by using multi-functional furniture pieces. They won’t take too much of your space, plus you will be saving on the cost of buying extra furniture. Here are some examples of such furniture pieces that you can use to furnish your small apartment:
- Sofa Bed: Whoever thought of the idea of a sofa bed must have been a genius. Anytime your guests come over, you can easily accommodate them. Every living room needs a sofa, and a sofa bed can easily be included in your budget too.
- Side Table: Look for a small side table that can also act as a stool when you need to have extra seating in your house. When you don’t have to use it as a stool, you can use it as a side table on which you can keep small things such as coffee mugs, etc.
- Fold-Out Desk: Get ahold of a fold-out desk that can be transformed into a dining table whenever you need it. Many small apartments do not have the space for a dining table. In such cases, a fold-out desk comes in handy.
- Storage Beds: Storage beds are in trend nowadays. Why? You don’t necessarily need a separate storage room to keep your things in. You can easily put them in the storage drawers provided in the bed.
These are some of the examples of multitasking furniture pieces. If you need advice for designing your apartment on a budget, you can check out our article “How to Furnish your Apartment with a $1000 Budget”!
Ways to furnish a big house
Having a big house has its own perks. It’s more spacious, so you are not restricted to any number of furniture pieces you can have in there. That being said, too much furniture will make your house look crowded and the style will fade away in the background. Here’s a list of essentials you should have in a big house:
- Living Room: A comfy sofa, accent chairs, ottoman, coffee table, end table, floor lamps are some of the furniture pieces that are needed in a living room. It’s up to you to decide the color theme. You can keep it neutral, bright or do a mix of both.
- Dining Room: A large enough dining table to accommodate six people, appropriate number of dining chairs, console table, bar stools and relevant kitchenware. This is what you need to make your dining room feel elegant and comfortable at the same time. You can either go for a contemporary feel, or a rustic one.
- Bedroom: A storage or platform bed, comfortable mattress, nightstand, table lamp, spacious drawer. Keep the tone of the bedroom soft as that will induce a restful sleep. Having soft pillows and quilts are also a must.
- Outdoor Space: An outdoor dining table, outdoor dining chairs, potted plants, and open-fire grill. You can have a relaxed evening with your friends on the weekend, with an open-fire barbecue and a couple of chilled beers.
It’s always a good idea to furnish your house with furniture that is essentially needed by you. Keeping unnecessary items will only make a clutter in your living space. At Inhabitr, we provide an array of amazing furniture, ranging from living room furniture, bedroom furniture to house essentials at affordable prices. Why don’t you check out our collection?
Leave A Comment
Get Notified About the Next Update
Unlocking the Potential of On-Demand Furnished Living in Multifamily Buildings
Boosting Your Short-Term Rental Profits: How Used Furniture Can Help
Hamilton Ventures’ Investment In Inhabitr: Noting Appreciation
How Plug-and-Play Offices Can Help You Creatively Lease Out Your Space.
Cost-Effective Ways to Keep Your Hotel’s Interior Design Up to Date